Sunday 3 February 2013

'Minnie's', Cabot Circus, Bristol

On the weekend of the 2nd and 3rd February 2013, The Only Way Is Essex cast members Sam and Billie Faiers and their family members, Sue Wells, mother and Libby Low, aunt, travelled 160 miles from Brentwood, Essex to open their 'Minnie's Pop Up Boutique' store in Cabot Circus, Bristol.

On the 1st February I was invited to attend the exclusive preview which gave the press, media and VIP guests the opportunity to see the store and all of the products in their glory before the store officially opened to the public the next day. With sixty invited guests expected to attend, the evening was very relaxed with champagne flowing throughout the night whilst Sam and Billie were mingling happily with their guests. Some guests even had the opportunity to receive a make over by the girls where they picked out clothes for them to try on. An interesting collection of fabulous cakes were available for all throughout the evening. Each cake was beautifully presented, and I couldn't resist photographing them.


Throughout the evening I enjoyed mingling with their guests, and meeting other bloggers and photographers. There were only three photographers present, a Rex Features photographer, the official Cabot Circus photographer, and myself. Both gentlemen were very welcoming and I enjoyed watching how they worked. I also met Tara, a Bristol blogger from The Style Rawr. We discussed how lovely and down to earth the sisters were, and Tara told me all about her travels. 
Note to self: MUST go travelling and explore the world.
If you have a passion for fashion, then I would definitely check out her blog: http://www.thestylerawr.com/ and I am pretty sure that Tara would not mind helping you out with any styling tips if you needed them.
Overall the evening was a wonderful success! There was so many beautiful products to photograph, and the girls were a delight. I even got a goody bag full of lovely fake bake products.

I went back to the official photo call for the public opening of the boutique on 2nd February. Sam and Billie posed for the paparazzi and additional media. One agency photographer even travelled down from Birmingham just for the event! It was an overwhelming, but amazing experience. The photographers had to be quick in order to make their shots as the sisters had a very busy schedule for the day.

                                                    
The Minnie's Boutique Crew

At 2pm that day the sisters' held a book signing in the centre of Cabot Circus. Members of the public started queuing at 12pm so you can only imagine what the queue was like, I have never seen Cabot Circus so busy. The girls happily signed autographs in Minnie's Boutique diaries, and books whilst meeting and having photographs with their fans. With an event like this I had to be able to think quickly in order to achieve the shots that I was looking for as I had to work around specific people.
















Sam Faiers (Left) with sister Billie Faiers (Right)




Over the past couple of days I have been given numerous photography opportunities and met some amazing people so I am incredibly thankful. For more photographs please visit: http://sophieelbourn.4ormat.com/#1

Non of these photographs are for reuse. Copyright Sophie Elbourn.

No comments:

Post a Comment