Monday 21 January 2013

A Snowy Start To The Year... And My Blog

I needed to start documenting my adventures and telling the readers all about my journey. So this is just the beginning...
Yesterday my mother drove us through '9 Squares' forest on the way back home, and we decided to stop at the 'Forest Lodge'. 'Forest Lodge' is a little forest by our hometown with lots of different viewpoints and photographic opportunities which is situated around ten minutes from Street, Somerset. 
The viewpoints were breathtaking from the very edge of the forest as the stretched as far as the eye could see. It was outstanding how a few inches of snow could have such a dramatic impact on the beauty of the landscape.
The image below is one of my favourite images from the forest. Sometimes the best photographs that can be achieved are made through unusual angles such as this one. I have been wanting to make an image like this for sometime where the eye is drawn to the middle of the image by the darkened branches. 
If you haven't been there already, I would definitely advise it before the snow totally disappears, it's a beautiful landscape.
It is not all the time that I am photographed making an image, but thank you to my mother for taking this quick snap.


I have also updated my Flickr page, so feel free to have a look: http://www.flickr.com/photos/srlephotography/.


No comments:

Post a Comment