Friday 25 January 2013

The Day I Fell In Love With A Full Back


I thought that I would try to write a personal blog this time. Lets see how it goes...

Please let me introduce you to David Wheatley 'Wheatos'. My best friend, my boyfriend, my one and only. I know that it is very cliché to write a blog about your loved ones, and normally it is something that we see fair and few in between, but today is just one of those days. One of those days where you just need a cup of tea, some biscuits and a good heart to heart. So I thought that I would try to write a post about how bigger part of my life Dave is now, but I highly doubt that these words will ever come close to explaining it. 

I first met Dave two years ago, and since then we've been pretty much inseparable. Not clingy inseparable, just best friend inseparable. Love is a very powerful word. A word that is stronger than any word in the English dictionary, but I will never forget the day that I said 'I love you'. I've never met someone like Dave before, he's the 'perfect guy', minus how annoying he is sometimes, but then again he is a man and they're never perfect, are they? We squabble like Ben & Jerry, but then again a relationship wouldn't be a true relationship if there was no squabbling involved, that would be an untrue relationship I believe. He is the most clumsiest, most softest, most loveable rugby player that I have met, the little things that he does just justify this statement. He boought me an pink Orchid for when I returned to university back in September as he wanted it to remind me of him. He could have bought me some other flowers like roses, but no other flowers could compare to an Orchid. Its beauty, life span and originality are defiantly miles ahead of the rest. We've had many events, day trips out and special occasions, the majority of which have been recorded photographically of course. Looking back at them now, I defiantly have my favourites. 

I have learnt so much about rugby since we have been together, he's a full back for a local rugby team, very clumsy as he may be, he is very good at what he does. At 6"1 and a bit (he doesn't like being called 6"2) he's very much miles above me, but he is a true gentleman. I don't think that he understands how much he means to me sometimes, he's very silly in that respect, but he means the world to me. He is currently helping me kick a very bad habit that I have had ever since I was a child, no matter how annoying the habit may be to him, he is helping me get rid of it, and I'm very close. I can honestly say that I highly doubt that I would be close to kicking it if it wasn't for him.

I could probably write about how important Dave is to me, but I don't think a post could really explain it. It is actions that speak louder than words after all.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart, for being you my handsome giant, and for everything.

Te Amo, Always x

No comments:

Post a Comment