Wednesday 23 January 2013

LIVE WEBSITE!

So I was finally ready to publish my website this evening, it has only taken me the best part of two days (and counting) but as the saying goes 'good things come to those who wait'. Making a website is definitely not as easy as I had first anticipated, I thought that it was going to be easy, but when it came down to producing it, it was nowhere near as easy as I thought, and hoped, that it was going to be. There was codes, analytics, search engine optizimations, layouts, picture sizes, every single section of my website needed a lot of thought and attention put into it, and even more so with me being the picky and precise individual that I am.

I had uploaded the majority of the photographs yesterday, so today my main objective was to concentrate on the minor details of the website, the text style, size, picture size and sequence. With each sequence of images I wanted them to flow without there being any 'block images', so I had to preview the website several times in order to see that what I was producing worked well together. To some people the major pieces of websites are more important, but to me I prefer to concentrate on the minor things. I have to be interested in a font type of a website in order to retain my attention, otherwise I will loose interest. I have very high standards when it comes to presenting my work to the world.

My laptop and I have become best friends recently, I have spent more time looking at images and making sure that they are the correct size and format than I have done in some time. Recently I have made over 1,000 images of the snow and weather so you can only begin to imagine how hard it was for me to narrow the selection down to just a handful, but this is a quality that I have gained recently. The best, and worst part of being a photographer is that you have to narrow down your work, not matter how much you make, in order to submit your best few, but these best few will no doubt be used several times over time.

Anyway here's a quick snap from my website... 
The mighty Professor Green. 
This image was made during his performance at Pilton Party 2012 which was held at Pilton, Somerset. This was the second time that I had the privilege of photographing 'Pro Green' in 2012, the first time being at T4 On The Beach. If you haven't seen him live and you like his music, I would definitely recommend it.

If you have some time, I would really appreciate if you could have a look at my website: Sophie Elbourn Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment